SINGAPORE — Firefighters were briefly activated at Toa Payoh Hub after white smoke was reported in the area on Saturday (Oct 7) morning.
Nearly four hours after the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was first alerted to the incident, SCDF said on its Facebook page at 1.43pm that the source of the white smoke was traced to a faulty mechanical ventilation blower located in an air handling unit room.
The machinery was switched off, SCDF added, and service technicians are working to fix the fault.
SCDF's first update at 9.50am said that the smoke was at Toa Payoh MRT Station.
The smoke later dissipated at 10.42am, SCDF said in a subsequent update.
MRT and bus services are not affected by the incident.